• Jordi Nicolau, to date the Regional Director for Barcelona, will be the new Executive Director of Global Customer Experience, a new area set up under the Business Division supervised by Juan Alcaraz.
• The bank, overseen by Chairman Jordi Gual and CEO Gonzalo Gortázar, will thus group all areas involving direct relations with retail customers under the Global Customer Experience unit.
• Furthermore, the bank has agreed to establish an Innovation and Digital Transformation unit, which will drive the digital transformation from all areas of the bank. Mariona Vicens will lead the new unit, reporting directly to the CEO.
• Maria Alsina will be the new Regional Director of Barcelona; María Cruz Rivera will take over the Balearic Islands and Cristina González Viu will be the head of the Aragón-La Rioja region, replacing Raúl Marqueta, who becomes the new Regional Director of inTouch.
The CaixaBank Executive Committee has agreed to create a Global Customer Experience area, seeking to step up the digital transformation of its businesses and place customer experience at the heart of operations.
The bank, overseen by Chairman Jordi Gual and CEO Gonzalo Gortázar, has decided to group all areas working to optimise the retail customer experience under a new and single executive division.
Jordi Nicolau, to date the Regional Director for Barcelona, will be the new Executive Director of the Global Customer Experience unit, which will form part of the Business Division overseen by Juan Alcaraz.
Within the new Executive Division, Jordi Nicolau will be in charge of those areas that have a direct impact on the retail customer experience:
- Now! Day Banking (associated with day-to-day customer operations). Benjamí Puigdevall will be the Corporate Director of Now! Day Banking, having previously held the post of Corporate Director of Digital Business.
- Enjoy (Consumer). François Miqueu will be the Corporate Director of Enjoy, having previously been the Corporate Director of Consumer Banking at CaixaBank Group.
- Protect (Insurance). Josep Parareda will be the Corporate Director of Protect, having previously held the post of Corporate Director of Consumer Banking.
- Commerce (point of sale purchases). Ana Vuelta will be the Corporate Director of Commerce, leaving her role as Commercial Director of Madrid II.
New Innovation and Digital Transformation Area
Furthermore, the Global Customer Experience Executive Division will include 4 multi-sector units that provide support to all business areas – Marketing, Customer Labs & Customer Experience, Commercial Systems, CaixaBank Payments – as well as a Specialized Customer Segments division, catering to the following specific customer segments: young people (Imagin), Family, the elderly (Seniors), the primary sector (AgroBank) and new residents (HolaBank).
A new Innovation and Digital Transformation area will also be set up, reporting directly to the CEO. Said area will be responsible for innovation and driving the digital transformation across all areas of the bank. Mariona Vicens will take the role of Corporate Director of Innovation and Digital Transformation.
Appointments in the regional network
The following changes have been made to the regional network following creation of the new Global Customer Experience Executive Division:
- Maria Alsina will be the new Regional Director of Barcelona (she previously held the post of Regional Director for the Balearic Islands).
- María Cruz Rivera will be the new Regional Director for the Balearic Islands (having previously been the Head of Foreign Trade and Treasury).
- Cristina González Viu will be the new Regional Director of Aragon-La Rioja (serving to date as the Commercial Director of Barcelona Province).
Finally, the Steering Committee also agreed to set up a new regional division –DT inTouch– with Raúl Marqueta at the helm. He previously held the post of Regional Director of Aragón-La Rioja. The new division will seek to bolster the remote services for retail customers that are currently being extended across the region.
This new unit puts the total number of regional divisions at CaixaBank at 15, one third of which are overseen by women:
- West Andalusia Regional Division, Rafael Herrador
- East Andalusia & Murcia Regional Division, Juan Ignacio Zafra
- Aragon – La Rioja Regional Division, Cristina González Viu
- Balearic Islands Regional Division, María Cruz Rivera
- Barcelona Regional Division, María Alsina
- Canary Islands Regional Division, Juan Ramón Fuertes
- Castilla y León – Asturias Regional Division, Marc Benhamou
- Castilla-La Mancha & Extremadura Regional Division, Xus Català
- Catalonia Regional Division, Jaume Masana
- Valencia Regional Division, Xicu Costa
- Galicia Regional Division, Emilio Barreiro
- inTouch Regional Division, Raúl Marqueta
- Madrid Regional Division, Juan Gandarias
- Navarra Regional Division, Ana Díez Fontana
- Basque Country – Cantabria Regional Division, Juan Pedro Badiola